29 Songs By Womxn of Colour You’ll Find On My Playlists
While everything is looking rather bleak at the moment due to the global coronavirus pandemic, it’s also important to celebrate the little things in life like birthdays. And, we’re grateful to still be alive and have more second chances in life.
For my 29th birthday today, I decided to share 29 of my favourite songs by womxn of colour that you’ll always find on my playlists; some old and some new. Some speak to my identity and personality, some are motivational, some are about unlearning things and some I just jam to for the just.
You might discover an old song you liked or a new one you haven’t been acquainted with yet. Whatever the case, I hope you enjoy them like I do.
Without wasting much time, here’s my list, in alphabetical order:
- Attention — Kiana Lede.
- Because I Only See You — Kim Na Young.
- Control Me — VanJess.
- Cellophane — FKA Twigs.
- Don’t Watch Me Cry — Jorja Smith.
- Figures — Jesse Reyez.
- Forgive Me — Chloe x Halle.
- Giovanni — Jamila Woods.
- Here I am Again — Yerin Baek.
- Honey — Kehlani.
- Kinfolk — Mereba.
- KSB ( Always On My Mind) — Rai-Elle.
- Love Like That — Snoh Aalegra.
- Mad Love — Mabel.
- Morocco — Alina Barez (Ft. 6LACK).
- More Than You — Moneoa.
- Morning — Teyana Taylor (ft. Kehlani).
- New Apartment — Ari Lennox.
- Ndizele Wena — Amanda Black.
- Orbit — Nao.
- Reality Check — Noname.
- Say It — Elaine.
- Sango — OSHUN.
- Speak — Jhene Aiko.
- Sometimes — H.E.R.
- Twenny Four — Lava La Rue.
- Velvet — Lucille Slade.
- Warm Winds — SZA (Ft. Isaiah Rashad)
- What You Do To Me — Kelello.
July 21, 2020